Shabby Blogs

Friday 1 March 2013

Happy Birthday Little Bro'....

Yes it's that time of the year, the 1st day of spring and our little brothers birthday - aaahh lol. For anyone that knows us they know he stopped being our 'little' brother when he overtook us both in height at about 13! and that was 20 years ago, sshhh - don't tell him I told you how old he is today ;o))

So today I thought I'd share one of the cards I've been making for him this week. This one started with a blank 8x8 piece of Kraft card.


I stamped it randomly all over with a fob watch stamp using a watermark ink pad. I do like the effect this gives on Kraft card. Then I used a mask to sponge through aged mahogany distress ink for the clock face. Once this was dry I ran it through the ebosser with an Embossalicious 8x8 grande dots folder.

Next I decided to change it to a circle card! so I drew around a blank card and cut it out, then inked all of the edges with distress ink to match. I cut the hands from a spare scrap of brown card and fixed them to the card with a small brad, The sentiment was punched using my small alphabet punches on black card. To finish I drew around the clock face with Cosmic Shimmer dark bronze PVA and then painted the inside with Americana triple thick glaze.

Anyway that's all from me today, off out for a spot of lunch and then a family meal at a local restaurant tonight, so should be a good day lol.

Thanks for stopping by, see you soon.

Jen
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!